Looking for a place to hire a wheelchair in Belfast, Northern Ireland? Look no further! This article lists some of the best places to find wheelchair hire in Belfast. Whether you need a wheelchair for a short-term injury or for a long-term disability, these businesses can help you get around town with ease.
Addresses and contact numbers
If you are looking for a place to hire a wheelchair in Belfast, Northern Ireland, here are some addresses and contact numbers that may be helpful to you.
Wheelchair Hire Belfast
Address: 48 Donegall Street, Belfast BT1 2GE
Phone number: 028 9032 9145
Wheelchair Hire Northern Ireland
Address: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Phone number: 0800 612 6077
If you’re looking for a place to hire a wheelchair in Belfast, Northern Ireland, there are several options available to you. Prices for hiring a wheelchair can vary depending on the type of wheelchair you need and the length of time you need it for, but there are some general guidelines you can follow.
For example, most places will charge around £25 for a standard manual wheelchair for a day. If you need an electric wheelchair, prices will be higher, starting at around £45 per day. For longer hire periods, such as a week or a month, discounts are usually available.
When choosing a company to hire a wheelchair from, it’s important to make sure they have a good reputation and that they offer good customer service. You should also make sure they have a wide range of wheelchairs available so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Belfast Wheelchair Hire
Looking for a place to hire a wheelchair in Belfast? Look no further! Here are some great places to check out:
1. Belfast City Hospital – This hospital has a wide range of wheelchairs available for hire, and they can be rented on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. They also have a variety of other mobility aids available, so be sure to ask about what else they have.
2. The Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children – This hospital has a small selection of wheelchairs available for hire, and they can be rented on a daily or weekly basis. They also offer other mobility aids such as crutches and walking sticks.
3. Musgrave Park Hospital – This hospital offers a wide range of wheelchairs for hire, and they can be rented on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. They also offer other mobility aids such as crutches and walking sticks.
4. Belfast Central Library – This library has a small selection of wheelchairs available for hire, and they can be rented on a daily or weekly basis. They also offer other mobility aids such as crutches and walking sticks.
5. Belfast International Airport – This airport has a small selection of wheelchairs
Northern Ireland Wheelchair Hire
If you’re looking for a place to hire a wheelchair in Belfast, Northern Ireland, then look no further! Here are some great places that will have you covered:
1. The Wheelchair Hire Company – This company offers a wide range of wheelchair options to suit your needs, and delivery is available throughout Belfast.
2. Accessible Equipment Hire – This company offers a range of disability equipment for hire, including wheelchairs, and has a convenient online booking system.
3. Belfast City Council – The council provides a free wheelchair loan service for residents of Belfast who need one for short-term use. Simply contact them to arrange pick-up and drop-off.
4. Northern Ireland Housing Executive – If you’re a social housing tenant in Northern Ireland, you may be eligible to borrow a wheelchair from the Housing Executive. Contact them to find out more.
5. Age NI – Age NI offer a range of services for older people in Northern Ireland, including the provision of loaned wheelchairs. Contact them to see if you’re eligible.
Belfast City Centre
There are a number of wheelchair hire places in Belfast city centre, all of which offer a great selection of products and services. Whether you’re looking for a short-term rental or something more permanent, you’re sure to find the perfect solution for your needs. Here are just a few of the many options available:
1. Access NI
Access NI is a leading provider of accessibility solutions in Northern Ireland. They offer a wide range of wheelchair hire options, as well as other products and services designed to make life easier for those with mobility issues.
2. Action on Disability
Action on Disability is another excellent resource for those in need of wheelchair hire in Belfast. They offer both short and long-term rentals, so you can find the perfect solution for your needs. They also have a wide range of other products and services available, making them a one-stop shop for all your accessibility needs.
3. Age UK Belfast
Age UK Belfast is a great option for those aged 60 and over who require wheelchair hire. They offer competitive rates on both short and long-term rentals, so you can find the perfect solution for your needs. They also have a wide range of other products and services available
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Wheelchair
There are a few pros and cons to hiring a wheelchair when you’re visiting Belfast Northern Ireland. On the plus side, it can be a great way to get around if you have mobility issues. You can also usually find places that will deliver the wheelchair right to your accommodations.
On the downside, hiring a wheelchair can be expensive, and it can be difficult to find one that meets your specific needs. You may also have to worry about returning the wheelchair on time and in good condition.
How to Choose the Right Wheelchair
There are a few things to consider when choosing a wheelchair, such as the type of wheelchair, the size, and the weight. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right wheelchair for you:
Type of Wheelchair:
There are two main types of wheelchairs: manual and power. Manual wheelchairs are pushed by the person using them, while power wheelchairs are motorized. Consider which type of wheelchair will best suit your needs.
Make sure to measure the doorways and elevators in your home or workplace to make sure the wheelchair will fit through them. You should also consider the height of the person who will be using the wheelchair, as some models are adjustable.
Some wheelchairs are made for people who weigh more than others. Make sure to choose a model that can accommodate your weight.
Top Wheelchair-Friendly Attractions in Belfast
Belfast is a great city for wheelchair users, with plenty of accessible attractions and activities. Here are some of the top wheelchair-friendly attractions in Belfast:
1. The Titanic Belfast museum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city, and it is fully accessible for wheelchair users. There is a lift to all floors, and all exhibits are designed to be easily accessible.
2. The Ulster Museum is another top attraction in Belfast, and it is also fully accessible for wheelchair users. There is a lift to all floors, and exhibits are clearly labeled with accessibility information.
3. Belfast Zoo is a great day out for families, and it is fully accessible for wheelchair users. There are designated parking spaces, and the zoo has a fleet of electric scooters that can be hired free of charge.
4. The Botanic Gardens are a beautiful oasis in the heart of the city, and they are fully accessible for wheelchair users. There are accessible toilet facilities, and the gardens are well-maintained with smooth paths.
5. For something a bit different, why not try horse riding at one of the many stables located around Belfast? Many of these businesses offer